There’s a reason why the skin around the eyes tends to wrinkle and exhibit other signs of aging first: The skin in that delicate area is thin, and sensitive to stretching and sagging—which means it ages faster than other parts of your face. That’s where the best eye creams for wrinkles come into play.
If preserving a beautiful complexion is vital to you, then routinely using an eye cream can make a great impact. So consistency is crucial. The trouble is, there are thousands of possibilities available, and it can be challenging to know what to look for in an ingredients list. Even if you do know what to look for, seeking finding something that ticks all the appropriate boxes can be exhausting.
Ahead, we went to specialists to find out exactly what should be in an effective eye cream for wrinkles, puffiness, darkening, and more—and the best over-the-counter products to try.
Top 10 Eye Cream for Wrinkles: Editor Recommended
The 10 Best Eye Cream for Wrinkles Consumer Reports Review:
1. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Retinol Anti-Wrinkle Face Serum
- Packaging May Vary. 1-fluid ounce tube of Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair...
- Lightweight, silky retinol serum to help smooth the look of fine lines and...
- With retinol, a dermatologist-proven form of vitamin A and powerful ingredient...
- Also contains hyaluronic acid, which adds plumping moisture to help hydrate and...
- The perfect addition to a daily at-home anti-age skincare routine, this...
Retinol, which is found in this eye cream, stimulates cell turnover, which in turn reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet. Dr. Jaliman claims that the hyaluronic acid it contains helps to hydrate the skin even more.
One enthusiastic customer said, “I friggin love this thing!” A customer stated, “I am 54, yet everyone thinks I’m in my late 30s or early 40s.” Somehow, the wrinkles seem to be vanishing. This product is the best of its kind that I have ever used. In my quest to locate the best pricey product, I have tried them all. Having found what I was looking for, I can finally relax.
- Contains retinol to speed up cell turnover and effectively banish fine lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet
- Also contains hyaluronic acid to offer extra moisture and plump the skin
- Comes in a light weight pump bottle
2. RoC Retinol Correxion Line Smoothing Under Eye Cream
A retinol eye cream may be helpful for people with deep wrinkles around their eyes. Since it is gentle enough for the thin skin around the eyes, this hydrating solution comes highly recommended by Dr. Zeichner to reduce the appearance of dark circles, puffiness, crow’s feet, and wrinkles.
“If you are willing to do this everyday, you WILL see results.” — a reviewer, who seems optimistic. One customer stated, “I have just started noticing some actual reduction in my fine lines and wrinkles.” And what’s even more unexpected is that the furrow between my brows is beginning to smooth out. What happened? No. But I can’t believe how great the outcomes are. This cream has changed my mind about whether or not an over-the-counter retinal cream may actually be effective.
- Retinol eye cream is a highly effective way to reduce wrinkles and other signs of aging around the eyes.
- It is also gentle enough not to cause any irritation or skin sensitivity.
- Some potential side effects of retinol eye cream include dryness, redness, and flakiness. However, these are relatively rare and usually mild.
3. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Water Gel Eye Cream
- 0 5-fluid ounce tube of Hydrating Neutrogena Hydro Boost Eye Gel-Cream with...
- Moisturizing eye cream contains hyaluronic acid, a hydrator found naturally in...
- The unique water gel formula absorbs quickly like a gel, with the long-lasting,...
- Formula is non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores The daily hydrating eye gel...
- Under-eye cream can be worn alone or under makeup and makes the perfect addition...
Eyes are the window to your soul, and it is important that you take care of them. With this eye cream, we have created a product that will help you get fresh and hydrated eyes with every use! The lightweight gel texture absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth.
This product also contains hyaluronic acid to help promote youthful-looking skin, making it an ideal choice for anyone looking for a new way to keep their under-eyes bright and healthy.
- Formulated with hyaluronic acid to promote youthful-looking skin
- Lightweight gel texture absorbs quickly into the skin
- Contains tea tree oil to help protect against infection and reduce inflammation
4. La Roche-Posay Redermic R Eyes Retinol Eye Cream
- This anti-aging pure retinol eye cream helps visibly reduce the look of crow's...
- This unique formula provides an instant visible lifting effect and is gentle...
- OPHTHALMOLOGIST TESTED, paraben free, oil free, fragrance free
- Pure Retinol: A derivative of vitamin A (retinoic acid) that is widely...
- Recommended for use at night. If used in conjunction with a facial moisturizer,...
This eye cream contains a combination of retinol and caffeine to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and puffiness, yet it is still mild enough for use around the eyes because it contains moisturizing thermal spring water and is fragrance-free.
An enthusiastic reviewer said, “I’m on my second tube of excellent eye cream. One reviewer said, “This is the one I’ve been waiting for.” The crow’s feet and the fact that I’m in my mid 40s are facts I’ve accepted. At my age, it’s to be expected. Finding a product that hydrated the region beneath my eyes so that concealer could be applied smoothly was more important to me. When it comes to this one, I’ve never felt cheap. It’s perfect for what I need, and it’s reasonably priced to boot.
- Contains retinol and caffeine to reduce the look of wrinkles and puffiness
- Is gentle on the sensitive eye area thanks to the addition of thermal spring water
- Does not contain potentially irritating fragrances
5. Olay Regenerist Retinol Eye Cream, Retinol 24 Night Eye Cream
- OVERNIGHT EYE LIFT: Indulge your skin with this overnight hydrating eye...
- 24/7 HYDRATION: Our eye cream has a rich, yet lightweight feel and it absorbs...
- REVOLUTIONARY RETINOL: An unprecedented combination of Vitamin B3 + Olay's most...
- EASY ON THE EYES: Simply dab around the eye area before bedtime & let it work...
- NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE AFTER 1 USE: Regenerates the delicate skin around your...
This inexpensive eye cream is a winner against dark circles, fine wrinkles, and dull skin thanks to its retinol, niacinamide (a kind of vitamin B3), and peptide combination. For a refreshed appearance, all you need is a drop of this luxurious product. In addition, a sample of Olay’s Regenerist Whip moisturizer is included.
This product has been praised for its reliability and consistency. One reviewer praised the product for its “rapid absorption” and “a lot of moisture and hydration” for the eye area. After using it, I saw a reduction in the appearance of my wrinkles, and the quality is on par with that of much more expensive eye creams I’ve tried in the past.
- This eye cream contains retinol and niacinamide to help reduce the appearance of dark circles, fine lines, and dullness. It also has peptides to help boost skin elasticity and improve hydration.
- The consistency is light and smooth, so it absorbs quickly into the skin. Plus, it leaves your eyes with a feeling of well-being—a key factor in any good eye cream!
6. EltaMD Renew Eye Gel for Dark Circles
- This oil-free formula eliminates the appearance of under-eye puffiness, wrinkles...
- This eye cream generates brighter, healthier-looking skin.
- Visible improvements within 30 days
Using only the best ingredients, EltaMD Renew Eye Gel for Dark Circles, Fine Lines and Wrinkles is one of our most popular and best-selling products. This unique formula contains a mix of antioxidants, peptides, and hyaluronic acid that help improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles while also soothing inflammation. Applied morning and night, this powerful eye cream will leave your eyes feeling hydrated and refreshed all day long.
Try it today! If you’re looking for an effective solution to combat under-eye darkness, then EltaMD Renew Eye Gel is the perfect solution for you. Available online at SkinStore where we pride ourselves on offering only the highest quality products from world-class brands like EltaMD. Treat yourself to a product that truly works by grabbing yours today!
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines, dark circles and wrinkles around the eyes
- Promote cell turnover for a more youthful looking skin
- Hydrates and protects the skin
7. Colorescience Total Eye 3-in-1 Anti-Aging Renewal Therapy
- Treat your eyes to total eye 3-in-1 renewal therapy SPF 35 to visibly improve...
- Puffiness, fine lines, and wrinkles while protecting the delicate
- Puffiness, fine lines, and wrinkles while protecting the delicate
“I prefer multitasking products, and this is three things: It’s a concealer and a sunscreen, and it has anti-aging properties,” adds Dr. Gohara. “Eyes age quickly, so when it is worn as a concealer, you’re getting ample SPF in that area.” (That’s why it received a slot in our 2020 Healthy Beauty Awards!)
Promising review: “Why didn’t I hear about this sooner,” wrote one client. “Not only does it hide my dark circles but it doesn’t crease AND also minimizes the appearance of fine lines!! You do need to apply a little differently (pat in the product) but other than that it’s relatively low maintenance to use.”
- Concealer and sunscreen
- Low maintenance
8. Baebody Eye Gel Treatment Products
- MORNING & NIGHT ALL IN ONE EYE CREAM: Our eye gel helps reduce the appearance of...
- HYDRATE & LIFT: With Peptide Complex to enhance collagen production, Matrixyl...
- DERMATOLOGIST TESTED: Baebody Eye Gel has been allergy & sensitization tested....
- YOUR HEALTH IS OUR PRIORITY: Because your hair, skin & body health comes Before...
- BAEBODY PROMISE: Our team which includes medical doctors, strives to answer all...
With over 13,400 and counting, this eye gel has been rated 5 stars by its customers, making it a top choice for anyone looking to improve their current skincare routine. This gel can be used both in the morning and at night to lessen the appearance of fine lines, puffiness, dark circles, and bags around the eyes. In addition to containing vitamin E, which helps the skin retain moisture and elasticity, its feathery consistency makes it easy to apply. Along with jojoba oil and an amino acid complex, it provides silky hydration.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles, puffiness, dark circles, and bags
- Lightweight texture that glides on smoothly
- Includes vitamin E for moisture and elasticity
- Jojoba oil and an amino acid blend for smooth hydration
9. First Aid Beauty FAB Skin Lab Retinol Eye Cream with Triple Hyaluronic Acid
- Helps Reduce the Signs of Aging: A potent, yet gentle rejuvenating eye cream...
- Safe for Under Eye Area: Microencapsulation delivers Retinol over time, making...
- Clinical Results: In a consumer perception study, 91% saw eyes appear firmer and...
- Free From: Alcohol, artificial colorants, artificial fragrance, lanolin, mineral...
- Dermatologist Tested: Our cruelty-free retinol eye cream is also nut-free,...
The delicate skin around your eyes will look smoother, firmer, and younger after using this revitalizing eye cream. Oatmeal, aloe, ceramides, and vitamins C and E are some of the key ingredients that help soothe and calm even the most sensitive skin.
Positive feedback: “I have naturally dark under-eye circles, and I noticed a brightening effect since using this product.” —Happy First Aid Beauty customer. As the owner of sensitive skin, I can attest to the product’s efficacy while still appreciating its mildness.
- Encourages smoother, firmer skin
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Calms and soothes sensitive skin
10. Peter Thomas Roth | Vital-E Microbiome Age Defense Eye Cream
- Moisturize Skin.
- Improve Hydration.
- It Precent The Look Of Dullness.
Eye cream is an essential step in any routine to keep your skin, and most importantly, your eyes healthy.
This one from Peter Thomas Roth uses the latest technology to target all of your skin concerns. It contains antioxidants that protect against sun damage, hyaluronic acid to provide long-lasting hydration, and caffeine to reduce puffiness. Plus, it’s formulated with a unique blend that helps fight oxidative stress for a brighter, younger-looking complexion. Let this be your new favorite eye cream – you’ll never look tired again!
- Contains a special antioxidant blend, ginger root extract, and hyaluronic acid to brighten skin and boost hydration
- Packs caffeine to reduce puffiness
- This eye cream from Peter Thomas Roth is a great choice for those looking for an effective and affordable way to boost their skin health
Buying Guide: What to Consider When Choose Eye Cream for Wrinkles
In what ways do anti-aging ingredients work in an eye cream? Regardless of your skin’s type or tone, Drs. Rao and Zeichner have outlined a few essential ingredients to seek out.
a) Hyaluronic acid
Hyaluronic acid, which occurs naturally in the skin, has the ability to attract water and retain it, resulting in suppler, more hydrated skin. Dr. Rao says that dryness is a common cause of wrinkles around the eyes, and that hyaluronic acid has been shown in numerous studies to be effective in combating these telltale signs of aging. In case dehydration is your primary concern, try one of these eye creams for dry skin.
It has been hypothesized that copper peptides, polypeptides, and oligopeptides can penetrate the skin and promote the production of hyaluronic acid and collagen. Wrinkles are less obvious because structural proteins act as glue for cells and tissues.
Reduce the visible effects of aging with the help of this vitamin A derivative, which has been shown to increase collagen production and cell turnover. The dermatologists we consulted advised using products with low concentrations of retinol on the delicate skin around the eyes.
“This one’s a no-brainer,” says Dr. Rao. When exposed without protection, ultraviolet (UV) rays degrade collagen and accelerate skin aging. (SPF can be hard to find in eye creams, so use your face sunscreen as a backup if you need to.)
Vitamins C and E, ferulic acid, and berry extracts help reduce oxidative stress due to UV rays or pollutants, explains Dr. Rao. Reduced wrinkle depth and depth is another benefit of antioxidants.
The best eye cream for wrinkles is an oil-free formula that contains antioxidant ingredients. These ingredients may help reduce the appearance of age spots and crow’s feet. Good eye cream for wrinkles should also have a combination of peptides, hyaluronic acid, and ceramides to help plump up the skin and promote collagen production. Additionally, it is important to choose an eye cream that has been tested for safety and efficacy in treating wrinkles.