Whether you have a job that requires you to stand for long periods of time, are an athlete whose feet take a hammering on a regular basis, or suffer from plantar fasciitis or edema, you should treat your feet to a day at the spa.
If you frequently experience tired, achy feet, investing in a foot massager for your house can be a lifesaver. However, most people would benefit from regular foot care even if they don’t have any pain: Physical therapist Chad Walding, DPT, of California, told Insider that the monotony of walking on hard, flat surfaces for errands and commutes might eventually restrict foot mobility.
Tension relief and enhanced foot mobility and balance can be achieved by engaging the foot’s muscles and soft tissues through massage.
Top 10 Foot Massager Consumer Reports: Editor Recommended
The 10 Best Foot Massager Consumer Reports Review:
1. Best Choice Products Foot Massager Machine Shiatsu Foot Massager
- SCREEN & REMOTE FUNCTIONALITY: Remote conveniently controls power, speed, and...
- GREAT FOR THE BODY: No pain area goes untreated, as the massager specifically...
- AUTO MODE: Settle your feet and enjoy a deep, therapeutic massage by pressing...
- GIVE THE GIFT OF RELAXATION: This foot massager is the perfect incentive to make...
- PORTABLE & EASY TO CLEAN: Space-saving structure allows for effortless storage,...
The Best Choice Products Shiatsu Foot Massager is unique among foot massagers in that it can be used on both the feet and the ankles. Our reviewers praised the long cord’s portability and the massager’s adaptability to individual preference through pulsing, kneading, and rolling.
Another differentiating feature, according to our professional reviewers, is the inclusion of a remote control for adjusting the settings. The open-ended foot spaces are high enough to massage fatigued ankles, and the device is designed to massage specific pressure points in the foot.
The magnitude of the pressure should not be underestimated: Our focus group participants as a whole like this level of difficulty, but it may be too much for certain people. The design also suffers because of its bulky size, which makes it cumbersome to store and transport between rooms.
- Easy to customize your massage
- Washable sleeve
- Non-slip bottom
- Long cord
- Fairly large and heavy
2. TheraFlow Foot Massager Roller – Plantar Fasciitis Relief
- FOR BOTH FEET: This foot massage roller features 2 different types of...
- ACUPRESSURE THERAPY: Whether you are suffering from plantar fasciitis, aching...
- BOOSTS CIRCULATION: This wooden foot massager doesn’t just tackle sore feet,...
- MADE FROM DURABLE WOOD: The sturdy foot roller massager is made from sustainable...
- USER GUIDE: The reflexology chart and detailed user instructions provide you...
There’s nothing fancy about the TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller, but it does an excellent job of easing pain and stress in the feet. Both its usefulness and its overall value were deemed ideal.
The manual nature of the massager allowed our reviewers to easily adjust the pressure and comfort by shifting the weight of their feet. However, one reviewer was dissatisfied with the requirement that users remain on their feet for the entire test.
The arch of the rollers is designed to feel familiar, with four rows of ridged rollers and one nubbed. The ridges are strategically placed to provide pressure to your feet’s pressure points. The massager passed muster with our panel because of the nonslip stripes on the bottom.
- Easy to store
- Includes a reflexology chart
- Only massages the bottom of the feet
3. Cloud Massage Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine
- Pain Relief and Self-Care: This foot, ankle and leg massager uses a deep...
- Complete Massage of Feet, Ankles, and Calves: Other massagers on the market only...
- Levels of Intensity: From gentle to strong, the foot and leg massager offers 3...
- 5 Modes for Comfort: Whether to help provide relief to plantar fasciitis or to...
- Self-Care: Long day at work? Feet hurt? Is there an ache so deep within your...
The Cloud Massage Shiatsu Foot Massager is more expensive than our other top recommendations, but it serves several purposes, massaging not just your feet but also your ankles and calves. Massage techniques inspired by Shiatsu therapy are paired with soothing heat to provide the ultimate in relaxation at the end of a long day.
This machine received near-perfect grades from our design and functionality experts thanks to its flexible settings and effective massage that targets three separate parts of your legs. The massage, according to the reviewers, is double, with the inflatable pads applying pressure and the machine kneading and vibrating your muscles in one of five settings.
The built-in heat feature warms your toes while you massage them, making this the ideal tool for those who are perpetually chilly. However, our reviewers report that it takes about 10 minutes to get warm. What’s more, it’s heavy, which makes it less portable, according to the reviewers.
- Highly versatile
- 5 different modes
- Heats as it massages
- Takes 10 minutes to heat up
- Heavy, which limits portability
4. MIKO Foot Massager Machine with Deep-Kneading
- Relieve Tired Feet and Improve Blood Flow- The foot massager is equip with heat,...
- Patented Massage Technique- Independent foot chambers provide a rolling and...
- Pain Relief and Circulation- Our unique shiatsu nodes and massage technique...
- Comfortable and Convenient- Use your foot massager while watching TV, reading,...
- Protection Plan- If you are having any issue with your Miko massager, Just send...
To truly pamper your feet, invest in the Miko Shiatsu Home Foot Massager Machine with Switchable Heat. One reviewer found that it was well worth the cost due to the massage intensity settings and how simple it was to set up.
The Miko apparatus has two independent foot chambers, each with a removable and washable fabric cover. Once your feet are in the massager, you may alter the settings using the control panel on top of the machine or the provided remote, which is a nice touch, according to our reviewer.
Some of the reviewers said they felt like they were getting a professional massage that lasted for 15 to 20 minutes due to the varying intensities of the pressure used. However, the massager’s total score was lowered because it was noted by reviewers that the massager focused primarily on the ball of the foot, rather than the heel or arch.
- Remote control
- Targeted pressure points
- Easy to clean
- Doesn’t accommodate larger feet
5. Ivation Foot Spa Massager – Heated Bath
- RELIEVE SORE, WORNOUT FEET – Multifunction Massaging Foot Spa Comforts Achy...
- INTENSE VIBRATING MASSAGE – Invigorating Vibration Encourages Circulation &...
- OXYGENATING BUBBLE ACTION – Multiple Water Jets Create Thousands of Calming...
- THE HEALING POWER OF HEAT – Water Warms Up to 122° F for Relaxing Spa...
- ADVANCED LED DISPLAY – Sophisticated System Features Timer & Multifunction...
When you wish to soak your feet while getting a massage, the Ivation Foot Spa Massager is there for you. Rather of simply soaking your feet in warm water, you can put them to work by massaging them with the rollers that come included with this foot spa.
In order to provide a nice, warm foot bath, the Ivation Foot Spa Massager can heat water to a maximum of 122 degrees Fahrenheit. In the hands of our tester, the water’s speedy and consistent heating were the most impressive features. It has numerous water jets that distribute bubbles all over the tub, and it vibrates to ease stress in your feet and legs. While you relax in the tub, your arches and toes get a massage from two motorized massage rollers incorporated into the base.
As for usability, our reviewer praised the foot spa’s controls and LED screen interface, but noted that its weight of 6.7 pounds (dry) was higher than average when compared to similar products on the market.
- Heats up quickly
- Includes pedicure attachments
- LED display
- Short cord
6. Etekcity Foot Massager Machine with Heat and APP Remote
- Great Gift Idea for all your loved ones: Christmas, Father's Day, Mother's Day,...
- Complete Relaxation: Get a deep kneading massage on the bottom of your feet...
- Customizable Settings: Unwind at your own pace with 3 air pressure levels and 3...
- Heating Feature: Turn on the warmth with the touch of a button for slow, smooth...
- Touch Panel & Smart Control: Easily use the massager with the clear LCD display...
Tired feet can find relief with the help of the Etekcity Foot Massager Machine, which does so by applying pressure and kneading them. Two roomy compartments hold men’s shoes up to size 12 comfortably. As soon as you turn on the gadget, the rolling nodes will start massaging your soles and arches, and the rhythmic air compression will softly squeeze your feet, bringing you to a state of deep relaxation. As an added bonus, the foot massager provides a soothing heat therapy to help loosen tight muscles and ease pain. You may customize the level of pressure you experience by selecting from among three air intensity levels and three massage speeds, but our reviewers found that they still wanted more.
In spite of this, the machine was rated nearly flawless in design. This is mostly due to the fact that it is significantly more portable than competing foot massagers. Although this may seem like a minor feature, it allows the machine to be tucked away out of sight when it’s not in use and carried to a favorite relaxing chair when it is.
- Can fit up to a men’s size 12 foot
- Very easy to operate
- Can be controlled via app or remote
- Takes a while to heat up
- Foot opening is a bit small
7. Sharper Image Warming Foot Massager
- After a hard day’s work, come home to a warm, cozy foot massage from the one...
Although the massager’s soft pockets were a hit with our panel of reviewers, who claimed they were especially nice to sink tired feet into at the end of the day, it was quickly pointed out that the device was incapable of providing a deep tissue massage.
This at-home foot massager heats your feet and softly vibrates at two different settings rather than squeezing and kneading them. According to our tasters, it’s perfect for those who want a light snack to enjoy while sitting back with a good book or watching some television. They also mention that it may be a good choice for the elderly and those suffering from chronic discomfort.
The machine scored highly in portability because it is compact and lightweight.
- Cozy and warming
- Doesn’t massage, just vibrates
8. Nekteck Foot Massager with Heat
- VERSATILE DESIGN: This awesome foot massager has 6 massage heads with 18...
- HEATING FUNCTION: This massager has a heating function to help fatigued muscles...
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The ergonomic shape fits the foot which makes it more...
- PORTABLE AND EASY OPERATION: You don't need to bend down just to turn on the...
- PERFECT FOOT STRESS RELIEVER: This massager is the one thing you need to ease...
Our reviewers agree that, for a fraction of the cost of competing models, this one provides a massage that is more than acceptable, but you’ll have to make do with fewer customization options in exchange for the reduced price.
If you have very large feet or tend to perspire excessively when utilizing heat settings, this is an excellent alternative because there are no foot pockets. Our reviewers found that this meant the machine didn’t completely envelop the foot, necessitating some manual counter-pressure for an effective massage.
- Open style is good for large feet
- Affordable option
- Lacks settings
- Requires counter-pressure, which limits relaxation
9. MedMassager Foot Massager Machine
- CHOOSE YOUR INTENSITY: MedMassager MMF06 Foot Calf Massager is the most powerful...
- COMFORTABLE FOOT PAD: The Shaistu Foot Massager Machine includes a full- sized...
- EASY TO USE: Rotate the massage machine between three positions to rest your...
- VERSATILE & ERGONOMIC: Comes in a dimension 16 x 12 x 9.5 inches, it weighs...
- PREFERRED BY EXPERTS: The best thing, MedMassager MMF06 Foot Calf Massager is...
The MedMassager Foot Massager Machine is ideal for those who require a more robust massage. This gadget goes beyond simple foot massage by targeting reaction points, increasing blood flow, and easing chronic pain. Use of the product over a period of time is recommended for optimal results in alleviating any symptoms.
Testers found that the device vibrated rather than kneaded, although they were impressed by the 11 different intensity levels. They were shocked by how powerful the machine was even at its lowest settings; one user reported that the machine’s vibrations continued to shake her feet long after she had turned it off.
Plus, it’s great because you can use this massager on other parts of your body besides your feet. The massage chair has a three-position rotating base that allows you to rest your feet and legs at optimal angles for maximum relaxation and therapeutic benefit.
- Very powerful
- Has an impressive array of settings
- Doesn’t heat up
- Not very relaxing
10. RENPHO Motorized Foot Spa with Heat and Massage and Jets
- Foot spa with heat and massage and jets: The electric foot spa massager uses...
- PTC heater with adjustable temperature and timer: PTC heater system quickly...
- 3 automatic foot bath massage modes and bubble jets: The high-quality automatic...
- Easy to use and clean: This foot spa massager has wheels, a handle, and a...
- Gift idea: Every foot bath massager will operate an inspection with water before...
The Renpho Foot Spa and Massager is another product that has been highly recommended by experts. It has a temperature control, bubble jets, electric massage rollers with speed controls, and timer settings ranging from ten to sixty minutes.
Buying Guide: What to Look for in a Foot Massager
a) Massage Methods
Foot massagers use a variety of modes and techniques, such as shiatsu massage, manual massage, air compression, water jets, and electric massage rollers, to alleviate tired, achy feet. Although some robots use a variety of different methods to simulate a massage, shiatsu is widely regarded as the closest to the experience of having a human massage you. Most massagers also come with a selection of programs and strengths so you can find the perfect one for your needs.
Heat is commonly used in foot massagers since it greatly improves their relaxing effects. Make sure there are different heat levels to choose from so you can enjoy the experience regardless of the time of year. Of course, manual massagers don’t have a heating function, so think about if the portability of a massager is more important to you than the therapeutic benefits of heat.
Some foot massagers feature a remote that allows you to change the settings from a distance, but the majority of them only have a control pad on the side. To control the rate and strength, you’ll need to lean forward. Some people might find this to be a big disruption to their leisure time, while others wouldn’t mind taking a brief break to make some adjustments.
i) How do you clean a foot massager?
Clean your foot massager with a damp cloth or do a spot clean. Many massage tools have covers that can be removed and washed. If you want to use the machine regularly and value ease of maintenance, this is a terrific feature to have.
ii) How often can you use a foot massager?
Once a week is perfect for people who just want to unwind and unburden themselves. However, those who spend a lot of time on their feet may find some alleviation from more regular use. Be cautious, though; “an overuse of the foot massager might overstimulate the muscles, producing pain and cramping,” warns Marcela Correa, owner of Medi Pedi NYC. Sessions should be held up to 30 minutes in length, up to thrice weekly.
iii) What’s the difference between a foot spa and foot massager?
While both devices can be used to alleviate foot pain, foot spas have the added benefit of water for achieving aesthetic goals like softer skin. Without having to get your feet wet, you may enjoy a foot massage with a variety of heat settings and massage nodes.
iv) Do foot massagers help neuropathy?
As a matter of fact, foot massagers might be beneficial for those suffering from neuropathy. Having your feet massaged for 20 minutes, three times a week, has been shown to help alleviate peripheral neuropathic pain, according to a study scheduled for 2020.
The Best Choice Products Therapeutic Shiatsu Foot Massager is an excellent option if you’re looking for a foot massager to use at home that is both relaxing and effective. Multiple pressure areas on the foot and ankle are targeted by this device, and it also provides soothing heat and a handy remote control. The TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller is an excellent choice if you’re on a tight budget or need something that’s easier to take with you on the go. Despite being manual and needing regular care, our tester reported that it provided the most relaxing and rejuvenating foot massage out of all the options we tried. It also weighs less than 2 pounds and takes up very little space.