That brand new grill will be subjected to the elements, which will cause it to rust and limit its lifespan. A grill cover made of heavy, waterproof material that is also UV-resistant is essential for its protection. It also needs straps and drawstrings to hold it in place.
In order to ensure that your grill lasts through many outdoor barbecues, this guide will go over things to look for while looking for the finest grill cover. You’ll find some of the greatest grill covers, broken down by kind, below, including one that I used for well over a year to determine its quality.
Top 10 Grill Covers Consumer Reports: Editor Recommended
The 10 Best Grill Covers Consumer Reports Review:
1. Grillman Premium BBQ Grill Cover
- The 58" x 24" x 48" Grillman Grill Cover / BBQ Cover fits popular gas grill...
- Secure Fit and Wind Resistant. Never worry about your grill cover blowing away...
- Easy to clean. Waterproof design means cleaning your Grillman Grill Cover is as...
- Regardless of what you're looking for, we have you covered: the Grillman Grill...
- Please click the "Visit the Grillman Store" link to match your grill to the...
This robust cover will serve you well if you seek maximum protection for a long time. Countless sizes mean you can pick the perfect one for your barbecue. The outside shell is constructed out of a PVC-coated Oxford fabric, making it impervious to moisture, sunlight, wind, and tears. The cover may be quickly put on and taken off with the help of the convenient side strap. Keeping the cover clean is as simple as washing it and letting it dry in the air.
Critics are blown away by the robust construction and high quality of this jacket’s cover. These covers won’t let you down if high quality is a must, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how affordable they are. Those who bought covers for their grills were cautioned that they might be too long.
- Super high-quality material
- UV- and wind-resistant
- Offered in multiple sizes
- Might be a little long
2. Vankada Waterproof BBQ Grill Cover
- 【Super Material Waterproof Grill Covers】:Our Outdoor Grill Cover are made...
- 【BBQ Grill Cover Adjustable Elastic Hem Rope】:Adjustable Elastic Hem...
- 【Easy to Maneuver Gas Grill Cover】:The Charbroil Grill Cover can easily fold...
- 【Barbecue Grill Covers Dimension】:Measures 58" width by 24" depth and 46"...
- 【Use With Confidence BBQ Cover】We offer 30 Days Money Back Guarantee . If...
Grill covers might be pricey, but they don’t have to be. For less than the cost of a nice steak, the Vankada Grill Cover insures your grill is covered. Inferior price doesn’t have to mean low quality. Made of weatherproof Oxford cloth, this cover is meant to endure elements including rain storms, severe wind, and snow. And being UV-resistant protects your barbecue even during the hottest summers.
One of the best aspects of this grill cover is that it comes with a convenient storage bag to store the cover while you’re cooking. With a 30-day money-back guarantee, there’s plenty time to figure out if it’s the appropriate grill cover for you.
- Comes with a storage bag
- One reviewer noted the material was a little bit thin
3. Weber Spirit II 300 Series Grill Cover
- UV inhibitors in fabric resist fading
- Breathable and water resistant to help protect grill from the elements
- Fastening straps keep the cover in Place. Material-Polyester
- Fits Spirit 300 and Spirit II 300 Series gas grills
- Black cover color
Getting the matching cover is a no-brainer if you possess a Weber Spirit II E-310 or a comparable gas barbecue (one of our top picks). The polyester material is impervious to moisture, provides excellent protection from the sun’s rays, and is not too cumbersome to put on and take off. With the help of adhesive fastening straps, you may safely attach the cover and then remove it with minimal effort.
Although the grill cover’s vinyl-like lightweight construction may raise eyebrows at first, it actually does a good job of shielding the grill from rain and sun. The fastening straps also help to keep the cover in place, even in stormy conditions.
- Fasteners keeps it secure
- Polyester is UV-resistant
- Only works with specific Weber models
4. SunPatio Heavy Duty Waterproof Grill Cover Compatible for Weber
- ► Dimensions - Measures 27.5”Dia x 38”H. Designed to fit most popular...
- ► FadeStop Fabric - Made of heavy duty UV resistant and FadeStop fabric with...
- ► Windproof - Side fastening straps in the middle of the cover can be...
- ► Fabric Handles - Two convenient handles sewn on the top of cover for easy...
- ► Customers satisfaction & product quality are our first priority. Should you...
In order to protect your kettle grill from the elements, you’ll need a cover made for kettle grills. The Big Green Egg, Char-Broil, and Weber grills should all fit under the SunPatio Heavy Duty Waterproof Grill Cover, which has dimensions of 27.5 by 27.5 by 38 inches.
This cover protects your grill from the sun and tears while remaining a great value. On really hot days, you shouldn’t worry about moving your barbecue inside or finding a shady spot for it. This cover is perfect for all weather because it is lined with a waterproof material. Having fabric handles already sewn into the design makes it simple to don and remove before and after firing up the grill. If you want to keep it out of the way while you’re cooking dinner on the grill, you can simply hang it on the wall.
- Fits many brands
- Great price
- One reviewer noted a somewhat snug fit
5. Traeger Grills BAC503 Pro 575/22 Series Full Length Grill Cover
- Protect Your Bbq Grill At All Times: Made Of Heavy-Duty, All-Weather Material To...
- Avoid Water Damage: Water Resistant To Ensure Your Grill Stays Dry
- Easy To Use: Form-Fitted Design For A Snug Fit That'S Easy To Put On And Take...
- Compatible With: Pro 575, 22 Series, Lil' Tex, Renegade Models, Pro 20,...
This cover should serve as adequate protection for your pellet barbecue. Since pellet grills can have an unusual chimney design, it’s crucial to locate a cover that matches the specifications of your individual pellet grill. This form-fitting, waterproof material drapes neatly over your Traeger, giving it a fashionable appeal. Protecting your pellet grill from the elements with a cover that fits snugly, is constructed of sturdy materials, and can withstand harsh climates is the easiest way to keep it in good working order for years to come.
You’ll love how easy it was to set up over your Traeger, as well as the fact that it’s durable and rip-resistant. Owning a Traeger pellet grill is such a terrific way to take your outdoor cooking setup to the next level, so make sure to maintain your grill as best you can between usage.
- Fits snug over pellet grill chimney
- Waterproof and rip-resistant
- No UV protection
6. NEXCOVER Offset Smoker Cover – 60 Inch Waterproof Charcoal Grill Cover
- ✅【Offset Smoker Cover Dimension】: Measures 60"W x 28"D x 37.5"H. Not...
- ✅【600D Heavy Duty UPGRADED Material】: The NEXCOVER Grill Cover is made of...
- ✅【Mesh Air Went & Fastening Straps】: This outdoor durable grill cover is...
- ✅【About Cleaning & Care】: To clean the cover is a breeze, wipe with a damp...
- ✅【100% Money-Back Guarantee】: Your satisfaction is TOP important. If...
Measuring 60 x 28 x 37.5 inches, the Nexcover Offset Smoker Cover is suitable for bigger smokers. One of the more durable alternatives, it has a mesh air vent and fastening straps, which not only allow air circulation but also keep the cover tight when it’s windy outside. Better still, with waterproof PVC coating, there’s no need to worry about your smoker getting wet in the rain.
In addition to being fade-resistant, the material is also built not to crack or grow brittle over the winter months—making this a perfect choice for any region. Christian Stark, culinary director of Hill Country Barbecue, tells us this is vital when making this purchase. “A barbecue cover should be as weather-resistant as humanly possible,” he advises. The cover is extremely easy to clean, just hose it off and you’re done. And if you decide it doesn’t live up to your expectations, there’s a money-back guarantee.
- Good for any climate
- Not designed for vertical smokers
- Doesn’t cover wheels entirely
7. Covermates Built-in Grill Cover – Light Weight Material
- DURABLE FEATURES: Polyester lining provides stability and structural strength,...
- TOUGH MATERIAL: Made with thick 12-gauge commercial vinyl
- SATISFACTION WARRANTY: 2–year manufacturer warranty
- STORAGE SIZE: 30W x 26D x 14H
- Keep your investment protected from dirt, water, and more all year long with one...
It’s just as crucial to cover a built-in grill as it is a standalone type. With measurements of 30 x 26 x 14 inches, this cover precisely fits a 30-inch built-in grill, and the elastic hem provides for a super-secure fit. The 12-gauge commercial vinyl is as tough and sturdy as materials for grill covers come, so this cover is undoubtedly built to resist the outdoors. It’s lined with polyester for increased durability and structural stability.
The cover’s elastic hem that makes for a snug fit and keeps out any external elements. For a reasonable price, this cover is incredibly well-made, sturdy, and can serve you for many grilling seasons.
- Elastic fit
- 12-gauge commercial vinyl
- No UV protection
8. Classic Accessories Veranda Water-Resistant 52 Inch BBQ Grill Cover
- THE CLASSIC ACCESSORIES DIFFERENCE: Veranda covers go the extra mile with...
- PREMIUM GRILL COVERS: Guaranteed to fit barbecue grills 52"L x 30"D x 44"H
- WEBER GRILL COVER: Fits Weber Genesis II Gas Grill model E-210, Spirit Gas Grill...
- BBQ COVERS with WARRANTY: Three-year limited warranty
- HEAVY DUTY GRILL ACCESSORIES: Gardelle Fabric System features an elegant...
Classic Accessories brings you a grill cover with added protection characteristics, including resistance to water. Because of its woven polyester fabric, laminated backing, and bound seams, it can withstand rain and other wet conditions without showing signs of wear. Condensation and wind lofting are both avoided thanks to the cover’s integrated vents, which allow water vapor to escape.
This grill cover has adjustable hem cord and attachment straps for the legs to keep it in place if the wind picks up, and padded handles to make putting it on and taking it off a breeze. In one model from this brand, a zipped pouch provides convenient on-the-go access to grilling essentials. There are eight different sizes available, from extra small to 3X-large, so you should be able to find one that works with your barbecue. If you’re looking to match the hues of your patio, Classic Accessories also makes covers for outdoor furniture in the same design.
- Laminated backing and bound seams
- Integrated vents
- Padded handles
- Adjustable hem cord and attachment straps
- Zippered storage pocket
- May have limited UV resistance
- May not cover the legs and wheels of some grills
9. Char-Broil 3-4 Burner Large Basic Grill Cover
- Designed to fit 3-4 burner grills, large charcoal grills and smokers up to 62...
- 14mil vinyl fabric provides essential grill protection
- Draw-string adjustable fit
- Sealed seams for water ressistance and UV protection for fade resistance
- Measures 62-inches w x 42-inches H x 24-inches D
Char-Broil’s grill cover gives lots of protection for your grill at half the cost of many other grill covers. This Char-Broil is built with vinyl fabric and sealed seams make this cover capable of tolerating damp conditions. This 14-mil-thick material resists rips and contains a Sun Fade Protective Liner that withstands UV light.
Char-Broil’s cover comes in two sizes: two-burner and three- or four-burner. The two-burner size measures 52 inches wide by 40 inches tall, while the three- or four-burner version spans 62 inches wide by 42 inches tall. Side straps maintain a tight fit over the grill, while a drawstring on the skirt prevents wind from dislodging it.
- Sealed seams
- 14-mil-thick material
- Sun Fade Protective Liner
- Comes in multiple sizes
- Side straps and drawstring
- Some users report poor durability and manufacturing defects
10. iCOVER Grill Cover 50in, 600D Heavy Duty with Mesh Air Vent
- UPGRADED HEAVY DUTY FABRIC - Made from 600D oxford polyester canvas with water...
- Wide Compatibility - This universal grill cover measures 50 (W) x 22(D) x 40(H)...
- Air Vent Design - A concealed mesh air vent on each side for air circulation and...
- Wind Resistant & Sides Straps Design - Straps at two sides for snug fit and...
- Rip resistant & UV Protection: The griddle covers has double solid stitching...
The iCOVER’s strong polyester canvas fabric, water-resistant PVC coating, and water-repellent finish will protect your grill from the elements. The 600D material is durable and the seams are double-stitched to prevent fraying. It prevents condensation from accumulating inside the grill by means of secret vents that allow water vapor to escape.
The cover is held in place by adjustable straps and may be removed with the help of comfortable handles. There are seven available sizes for this grill, ranging in width from 30 to 75 inches.
- Heavy-duty fabric and double-stitched seams
- Concealed vents
- Adjustable straps
- Padded handles
- May not cover the feet or wheels of some grills
Buying Guide: What to Things For When Select a Grill Cover
Your grill cover’s longevity and level of protection are both going to be affected by the material you use. Polyester, vinyl, and canvas are the most common materials for grill covers. Even while polyester is recognized for its longevity, it is not always waterproof; if your grill cover is made of polyester, check to see if it has been coated with PVC to make it more water- and UV-resistant.
Vinyl covers are excellent since they are waterproof by design. Vinyl may not be as aesthetically pleasing as other options, but it will last the longest, which is especially important for grills that are not stored in partially enclosed settings. Due to canvas’s sturdy construction, stylish appearance, and total waterproofness, it is most commonly used as a cover for high-end grills. The extreme dryness and severe heat are no match for canvas.
Without a doubt, a grill cover is useless if it doesn’t snugly fit over your barbecue. The bottom of the cover should be raised a few inches off the ground to allow for airflow and prevent any moisture from becoming trapped, and it should fit around all sections of the grill. Whether you have a kettle grill, smoker, or something else, your cover should match the dimensions and shape of your grill.
c) UV Features
Knowing whether or not the grill cover you’re considering comes with UV protection is crucial. Getting a cover with strong UV protection isn’t as crucial if your grill is kept in an area that is shaded by trees or a porch overhang, as it is if your grill is kept in an area with no protection from the sun. You should try to get a cover that has been treated with a special UV coating to make it last longer and look better. Protection from the elements also prevents the coverings from fading or discoloring over time.
Depending on the quality and design, a replacement grill cover might cost anywhere from $10 to $100 or more. The quality of the grill, as well as the environment it will be used in, should be considered. Covering your expensive grill is a terrific way to extend its life and protect your investment. You may get something cheap that will do the job of keeping your barbecue safe if you only need something basic.
i) Do grill covers prevent rust?
Yes, exposure to moisture is a leading cause of rusting barbecue grills. Covering your grill tightly is usually a good idea, but it’s especially important when it’s going to rain a lot. It’s a good idea to make covering your grill a regular part of your routine after each use. However, there is an exception to this rule: if you live in a particularly humid area, moisture may still find its way to your grill. In this case, you may need to take additional measures, such as bringing it indoors (if possible) during inclement weather or occasionally polishing it to remove rust.
ii) Are grill covers heat-resistant?
While certain grill covers may be heat-resistant, it’s always a good idea to let your grill cool completely before covering it with a cover. This will ensure that there aren’t any leftover flames that could damage the grill or cover.
The Classic Accessories Veranda cover is the best option if you’re in search of a grill cover that can be used in both the summer and winter. This long-lasting option is constructed out of polyester and features built-in vents, padded handles, an adjustable hem cord, and a zipped storage pocket. The alternative is the Char-Broil grill cover, which is also UV-resistant but costs less thanks to its vinyl construction and sealed seams.