Top 10 Best Trailer Brake: Editor Recommended
The 10 Best Trailer Brake Review:
1. Tekonsha 90195 P3 Electronic Brake Control
5 storable setting options with preferences of multiple drivers, and for pulling different trailers up to 4 axles. A flashing red warning system alerts user to No Trailer Brake situations.
- A distinct, easy-to-read LCD display with multiple screen color options, displays in English, French or Spanish
- Diagnostics show output current, battery, brake, and output voltage and warning system alerts to No Trailer Brake situations
- Boost feature allows for different levels of customized braking, select Electric over Hydraulic or Electric trailer brake mode
- Integrated Plug-N-Play port for 2-plug adapters and Snap-in mounting clip allows user to remove and store the control when not in use
2. CURT 51180 Echo Mobile Electric Trailer Brake Controller
The CURT Echo mobile trailer brake controller is a Bluetooth-enabled device that wirelessly connects to your smartphone and allows you to control and monitor all trailer brake activity right from your device. It features a simple, plug-and-play installation, a portable design to easily switch between vehicles and a highly durable construction to outlast the elements.
The Echo brake controller brings your towing experience into the modern age. Powered by Bluetooth, it wirelessly connects to your smartphone without any extra wiring harnesses or modules required. Simply download the Smart Control app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device, plug the Echo into your vehicle and you’re ready to start towing.
The app allows you to create multiple vehicle-trailer profiles for different towing situations. Installing the Echo trailer brake controller is truly a plug-and-play experience. It is designed to insert in between the vehicle-trailer wiring connection and is compatible with any industry-standard 7-way RV blade plug.
This design also allows the Echo to be easily transferred between vehicles, making it perfect for fleet vehicles or multiple-vehicle owners. The Echo mobile trailer brake controller is built to withstand the outdoor elements, whether you’re towing through rain, snow or sunshine. It features a potted enclosure.
This means the interior of the Echo is filled with an epoxy resin that covers the internal electronics and seals them off from dirt and moisture. This promotes long-lasting durability and also helps reduce vibration. To further enhance the connection, the connector port of the Echo is equipped with a retention strap and locking tab to firmly seat in the 7-way vehicle socket.
The CURT Echo mobile brake controller operates with a tri-axis circuit for smooth stops going up or down a hill, and it is able to operate up to two to four trailer brakes at a time (one to two axles). It is also compatible with cruise control and ABS brakes.
- The Echo trailer brake controller has a non-invasive install and is easily transferrable from one vehicle to another. It plugs into any 7-way connector, wirelessly links to your smartphone using Bluetooth
- The Echo brake controller wirelessly syncs with your Apple or Android phone, turning it into a brake controller interface with the Smart Control app (Warning: Avoid distracted driving. Only make adjustments when vehicle is stationary). Note: If Bluetooth connection is lost, the brake controller will continue to function safely, using the most recently programmed settings
- Installing this trailer brake controller is as easy as plugging in a 7-way trailer wiring connector. It requires no tools, no extra wires and no hardware. A locking tab and strap keep it firmly connected. NOTE: Strap stored inside cap
- Echo uses a triple-axis accelerometer to provide smooth, safe braking. It maintains responsive braking, even when your phone screen is locked, receives incoming calls or if the Bluetooth connection is lost
- This electronic trailer brake controller easily transfers between vehicles and trailers and works on virtually any trailer with 1 to 2 axles (2 to 4 brakes). It is also fully compatible with cruise control, anti-lock brakes, low-voltage systems
- Not compatible, but will not interfere, with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
3. Reese Towpower 8508211 Brake Control
The Reese Towpower BRAKE-EVN brake controller offers advanced proportional braking by applying brake pressure to match the vehicles deceleration rate. Proportional braking gets you get smoother stops that traditional time based controls.
The boost feature gives the ability to apply more initial braking at the onset of stopping when towing heavier loads. When adjusted properly for your load, proportional brake controls can even extend the life of your vehicles brakes. The large LED display is easy to see when adjusting the control to handle the weight of your loaded or unloaded trailer.
The BRAKE-EVN brake control can handle up to brake 4 axles and offers a simple plug in installation option, so be sure to get the proper factory harness for your vehicle. The perfect choice for light or heavy trailer loads.
- 1-4 Axle capacity
- Boost feature gives ability to apply more initial trailer braking
- Reverse battery protection
- No leveling required. Requires T-connector to connect to vehicle (sold separately)
- Diagnostics features incorporated in easy to read LED display
4. 2 Sets 12×2 Electric Trailer Brake Assembly
Black Steel Construction. Fits wheels 15″ & Larger. Axle size 5200-7000lb. Wheel Bolt Pattern 6 lug or 8 lug”. Fits Spindle Size #42. 12″ 6 lug or 8 lug” Steel Drum. Driver’s and Passenger’s Side. Works with Al-Ko, Dexter, Lippert and Quality Trailer Axles. Magnet, Pads, Springs, Complete. Adjustable Brakes.
- Dexter Style Backing Plate
- Axle Size – 5200-7000lb
- Brake Flange – 5 Bolt
- Fits Spindle – #42
- eCustomhitch Carries a Variety of Electric and Hydraulic Trailer Brake Parts
5. REESE Towpower 8507111 Brakeman IV Digital Brake Control
The REESE Towpower Brakeman IV is a smart electric brake controller that mounts in any direction with no leveling required. Its small, compact design and pre-wired plug-and-play feature allow for quick and easy connection to 2-, 4-, 6- and 8- brake systems.
This 100% solid-state electronic includes two separate easy push-button adjustment controls (output and sync) that allow for not only different trailer weights (output) but also the speed of activation (sync) depending on your driving style.
For easy-reading, the bright and prominent digital display clearly indicates the output setting, sync setting, brake overload or short connection. Smoother braking starts with a sensing device that determines the voltage power being delivered to the towing vehicle’s brakes and assists in accurately adjusting the trailer brakes for city or highway driving.
Safety is key, which is why this controller includes advanced internal circuit protection to help prevent damage and is meant for use on 12-volt negative ground systems only
- This 100% solid-state electronic with a small compact design mounts in any direction, no leveling required. Pre-wired plug-and-play feature allows for quick and easy connection to 2-, 4-, 6- and 8- brake systems.
- Two separate easy push-button adjustment controls (output and sync) allow for not only different trailer weights (output) but also the speed of activation (sync) depending on your driving style.
- Bright and prominent digital display clearly indicates the output setting, sync setting, brake overload or short connection.
6. M-Parts Trailer Brakes – 2 Pair 12×2 Electric Trailer Brakes
General duty 12″ x 2″ Trailer Electric Brake Assembly that works with 5,200 lbs, 6,000 lbs, and 7,000 lb trailers. These brakes are rated for 5,200 lbs, 6,000 lbs, and 7,000 lbs and have a 5-bolt mounting flange bolt pattern. Manual adjustment is required and adjuster plugs are included. Two left hand, two right hand.
- Two Pair 12” X 2” Trailer Electric Brake Assembly that works with 5,200 lbs, 6,000 lbs, and 7,000 lbs trailers
- 12” diameter x 2” wide, 5 bolts, 3 1/4” center hole diameter
- Mounting flange bolt pattern: 5-bolt (each brake)
- 20 x 3/8″ nuts, and 20 x 3/8″ lock washers included
- M-Parts Auto specializes in trailer parts & accessories using the highest quality material
7. Tekonsha 90160 Primus IQ Electronic Brake Control
A totally proportional electric trailer brake control, the new Primus®IQ is self-leveling so no level adjustment is necessary. Utilizing the primary sensor technology from Prodigy®, the Primus®IQ now includes the Boost feature that gives users the ability to apply more initial trailer braking when towing heavier trailers.
It works proportionally in reverse for backing into tough spots and includes a snap-in dash mounting clip and removable electrical connector that allows the unit to be quickly stored when not in use. You will appreciate the digital readout depicting a secure electrical connection, amount of voltage delivery to the trailer brakes and diagnostic features incorporated in the LED display.
- Utilizes Plug-N-Play port for 2-plug adapters
- Self-diagnostics features will illuminate LED readout when issues occur
- Requires T-connector to connect to vehicle (sold separately)
- Works proportionally in reverse
- Snap-in dash mounting clip and hardware included
- Digital LED readout.
- Includes a Boost feature
8. BUNKER INDUST Trailer Brakes Breakaway Kit with Charger
Used it to replace an old system that wiring and battery were useless. May seem a useless item, this or another one like it; but, you’ll get a ticket if it’s not there and working, hwy patrol will check (they’re not stupid) If ever your trailer separates from your truck you’ll be glad this was working properly that could save your life or others.
- For use on trailers with an existing electric brake system
- Activates trailers brakes upon separation from tow vehicle to ensure a safe stop of the trailer
- Push to Test: LED’s indicate fully charged, charging or (needs) recharge
- Complete system includes: Break Away Unit,Battery&Break Away Switch
- Quick and easy installation,side-mount installation design.Weather and corrosion resistant
9. LIBRA 2 Sets Trailer 5 on 4.5″ B.C. Hub Drum Kits
These trailer drum and brake have been sold to major trailer axle manufacturers for over decade.
- 4 x trailer 5 on 4.5″ hub drum kits + 4 x 10″x2-1/4″ electric brakes for Dexter and other brands 3,500 lbs trailer axle
- Drum Bolt pattern: 5 on 4.5″, bearing races and 1/2″-20 studs installed, Ref part #. 008-247-05, 84546
- Kits also includ: 4x L68149 inner cone bearings and 4x L44649 outer cone bearings, 4x Grease seals 1.719″ x 2.565″, 4x E Z lube grease caps with rubber plug; 20 cone wheel nuts 1/2″-20 thread
- Also include: 2 left + 2 right 10″x2-1/4″ electric brakes with 3″ center bore and 4″ mounting bolts circle diamter
10. Ram 1500 New Body Style Integrated Trailer Brake Controller Mopar OEM
Trailer Brake Controller features an instrument cluster display with precise digital readout, showing the exact amount of brake force applied to the trailer – which you, the driver, decide and manage.
Trailer brakes apply automatically to match the tow vehicle’s requirements and can also be applied manually via a sliding switch. Compatible with the following vehicles.
- Fits 2019 Ram 1500 New Body Style Only