A flat tire can be one of the most frustrating things for petrol heads, bikers, cyclists and commuters. A portable air compressor can be a very useful addition to your home garage or to your truck when you go camping and need to inflate a raft or mattress. But which one will work for you?
In this review we take a closer look at the Helteko portable air compressor. We will focus on the features of this compressor and we will tell you more about its positives.
But we don’t shy away from the negatives either. We also give you our verdict so you can decide easily if it will be the product you need to keep the air in your tires.
This lightweight little compressor by Helteko is a good multifunctional portable number that you can use around your house or in your garage.
IT can inflate a variety of tires from your car to your bike. It comes with three different nozzle adapters so you can also inflate your kid’s basketball, your air mattress or inflatable raft.
It has a 21.7” (55.11 cm) air hose and comes with power cords with either a cigarette or AC plug. The cords have good lengths with almost 11.5 feet. This air compressor also comes with a two years warranty. Let’s take a closer look.
Helteko Air Compressor Tire Inflator Review:Features
- This is a lightweight and portable air compressor
- It has a variety of uses
- It comes with a 21.7 inch rubber air hose
- It also has a 11 foot 6 inch (350 cm) power cord with an AC plug
- It includes three different nozzle adapters
- It comes with a three month warranty
- It offers 75 PSI (517 KPa)
- Weight: 2.58 pounds (1.17kg)
- Dimensions:10 x 6.5 x 4.33 inches (25.41 x 16.51 x 11 cm)
- It is very easy to use
- The gauge is very accurate
- It comes in a nice bag to keep everything neat
- The portability is very useful especially if you travel often
- It is useful for campers and cyclists
- The 110 Volt AC and 12 Volt DC functionality is very useful and makes it adaptable
- It is compact and well-built
- It works very well when you have a slow leak in a car tire
- It takes quite some time to inflate a tire, around 3.5 minutes to add 30 lbs. (of pressure) to a tire
- The DC outlet plug can overheat and melt
- It is noisy when it operates
- The cigarette outlet adapter is not very durable
This little air compressor is easy to use and very portable. It comes with a bag to keep all its adapters and cables in one place, whether you store it in your car or garage.
The gauge is very accurate and easy to read. It is ideal for campers, cyclists and other adventurers who need to keep air in mattresses, rafts or tires.
It also does well with inflating toys, balls and the like. It is also very useful if you keep it in your car for the times when you have a slow leak in a tire.
That way you can keep the pressure in the tire up until you get around to fixing or replacing the culprit. The Helteko compressor, does however take its time when inflating a car or truck tire.
If you are in a real hurry and need to inflate a truck tire, you will need real patience. It is speedy with smaller bike tires or toys, but won’t win any races with larger items that need high pressure.
It can be a bit noisy when it operates so keep in mind that inflating a mattress at 2 am in your friend’s house might cause a few different issues. The cigarette adapter is not very durable and can melt from overuse.
This Helteko portable compressor is described as a tire inflator in its advertising, but it will give you its best service for smaller uses. It will work very well under less pressure (excuse the pun).
It performs quickly when your bicycle or raft needs re-inflating but is sluggish when you ask it to support your truck tires. If you need a good portable compressor for lighter use this little guy will happily travel with you on all your adventures.
But if you need a fast heavy duty compressor for large tires, this Helteko will not be the best choice.