Be prepared, is a good motto to have. When it comes to driving it can really help you get out of trouble. This Windek RCP All-in-One kit looks like a good option if you are someone who wants to be prepared for emergencies, whether it is a flat tire or a quick jump for a battery. But does this combination by Windek really deliver on its promise?
Well, we are here to clarify things about this inflator and jump starter. In this review we will tell you more about its features, its good points and its bad points. We will give our verdict and then you can decide if you agree.
The Windek RCP-A51A is a combination of an air compressor and a jump starter. These two can be separated. The air compressor can be used through a 12V cord attachment, or can be used with its own lithium battery. It comes with an automatic shut-off and an LED work light.
It comes with a few adapter tips for the compressor so you can inflate toys and sporting goods as well. This combo pack also has a USB outlet and multi device charger cord. All of this stores in a Nylon carrying case. But let’s take a closer look and decide if its good features are worth the hype.
- It comes with a detachable 12 000 mAh jump starter
- It has the option for either cordless or corded inflation for your tires
- It has an automatic shut-off feature
- It has a lithium battery
- It has an LED work light and a flashing red warning light
- The inflator pump is separate
- It comes with adapter tips for different uses
- It has a USB outlet and comes with a multi device charger cord
- Everything is stored in a nylon carrying case
- It has an AC adapter to charge the battery
- It comes with a one year limited warranty
- Weight: 5 pounds ( 2.26 kg)
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 9.2 x 4 inches ( 25.9 x 23.3 x 10.1 cm)
- It is compact and easy to use for a variety of applications
- The work light is a nice add on and is bright
- The setting of a desired pressure is a great feature
- The auto shut off is safe and convenient
- The carry case is well made and keeps everything neatly stored
- The jump starter will struggle with newer large cars with many electronic features
- It does not have a handle for carrying
- It does not come with instructions so the first use can be a bit tricky
This Windek kit is a handy way to be sure that you have a little extra in your car during an emergency. The 12000 mAh kit will easily jump a V6 engine. The added benefit of the air pump, also has a variety of uses. You can, of course inflate your tires, but it can also inflate a range of other thigs, from basket balls to rafts.
The auto shut off feature is very convenient and the flashlight helps when you work in low light. The red flashing light will also be a handy in an emergency, should you need to attract attention or warn other road users.
On the negative side, the fact that it does not have a nice carrying handle is frustrating. It can take a little while to get used to using it and it does not have an instruction manual to help with a smoother process here.
The jump starter can easily handle a large engine, but will work best with older models. Once you try to jump large cars or trucks with many electronic features it will not be as effective.
The Windek All-in-one is a great choice if you want to be prepared for emergencies but don’t want to rely only on an air compressor. This combination pack offers a good basic jump starter and an air compressor that will get your tires ready for a few more miles. IF your car isn’t doesn’t draw too much power with a large set of internal electronics, the jump starter will work very well.
The lack of instructions may be annoying, but perhaps you enjoy a challenge and never need instructions anyway, then this will not be a problem to you at all. The additional nozzles, lights and the carry case makes this a good emergency kit to keep in your car as a standard piece of kit.
It is a bit pricier when you compare it to air compressors of the same size but it does offer the added benefit of a jump starter. We recommend this All-in-one from Windek if you want to be sure that an emergency won’t get the better of you.